Fashion AND function
Written by: Theresa in Taranaki
An old friend told me I had a habit of choosing fashion over function. A new pair of beautiful leather boots that gave me blisters, skinny jeans that cut my kidneys in half etc etc. I'd like to think I've matured in that regard, however, I will always be drawn to the aesthetically pleasing.
When my partner and I started searching for a stroller for our firstborn, our focus was functionality. We wanted something that was easy to use, sturdy, safe and could grow with us as our family potentially expanded. Enter the phil&teds Dash buggy. Helloooooooo gorgeous. Not only did it tick our boxes for performance, but gosh it's easy on the eye. Finally, I can have my cake and eat it too - function and fashion.
Other than the grey marl fabric...practical features I really love are:
1) It folds up/down easily. As others have said, it does take a minute to work out how to unlock the central joint, but once you've got that sorted it really is one swish movement.
2) It fits easily in my car. I have a Honda Fit which is a teeny tiny car (mainly owned by people over the age of 70) and the Dash fits comfortably in the boot. In fact I can get my dog and shopping in there with it. For a buggy that has such presence when its upright, it really doesn't take up much room when folded.
3) The hand break is great! You can easily see whether it's on or off with the red/green indicators and no foot work! Life's a beach in Taranaki, but, jandals and tricky foot brakes are not a good match.
4) Heaps of storage space underneath.
5) Easy to click in the capsule when our baby was little and we didn't want to wake her getting out of the car.
6) It just looks so cosy in there! The removable liner is padded like a little bed, sometimes I wish I was being pushed around on this little fluffy throne!
7) Our daughter loves it. She never cries getting in or out and really enjoys excursions in it.
8) Last one! We are training for a half marathon at the moment and our daughter has come on nearly every training run with us! The buggy is easy to run with (well, my partner says it is!) on both sealed roads and compact ground. No excuses to get out there (even if I want them...).