We all know that parenting is a tough gig and at times quite a struggle. But sometimes the only way to adapt&survive this crazy world, is to throw your hands up in the air and say “Ayo! Gotta let go”. Parenting forces you into situations single child-less adults probably wouldn’t even think about. I remember a time before our children came along, it’s hard to imagine that there would of ever been a need to say any of the below sentences. But once you throw children into the mix, normal gets shoved out the window, your world gets turned upside down and anything is possible. With kids there’s just no way of predicting what may come up in daily conversation, no matter how prepared you think you are. Here’s to our kids who keep it fresh and keep us on our toes, always.
1. Don’t put the baby on your head. Don’t worry our eldest child doesn’t ever carry her brother this way in case you were wondering, but we do have to remind her not to ever do this…a lot!
2. Please do not brush your hair with my toothbrush.
3. Vicks is not food. Stop eating the vicks, it’s a chest rub not a dessert!
4. Your niece has given your cellphone a new home, it now lives inside the toilet. Of which my sister still hasn’t completely got over…I don’t know why she is still bitter, this was way before smart phones. All it could do is call and text message, oh and it was pink. Time to move on sister!
5. Please don’t put pencils/paintbrushes/pens or anything else that can fit down the plug hole.
6. Don’t eat her shoe. Don’t eat his shoe. Don’t eat ANYBODY’S shoe!
7. Peas and Cheerios don’t belong in your ears sweetie.
8. Aaaargh stop poking my eyelids, pulling my hair and jumping on me you wilder beast’s! This pretty much happens every weekend, except the days I need them to wake up early.
9. I found the home phone…it was in the oven.
10. Of course, the keys are in the bathroom drawer. After spending the whole day looking for our car keys, I don’t know why this wasn’t the first place we searched. But sure enough there they were, right next to my toothbrush – the one he likes to brush his hair with!
Keep the giggles going, let us know what you can add to the list! What strange things have you been forced to say whilst on this parenting journey? Don’t leave me hanging, share away!